A variety of blade options makes the hot knife hand held tools versatile. The hot knives are used in construction for cleanly cutting exterior insulation and finish systems (EIFS) boards, for cutting electrical box openings and utility access channels in insulated concrete forms (ICFs), and structural insulated panels (SIPs). The hot knives can also be used for cutting EPS foam for artwork, sculpting, packaging, and R&D applications.
The hot knife tools are made for cutting expanded polystyrene (EPS-white board) foam, Styrofoam™, Styropor™, and extruded polystyrene (XPS-blue and pink board) foam.
Common Hot Knife Features
- Hot Knife heats and cuts in under 5 seconds
- Straight blades are sharpened for precision cuts
- Positive blade locking feature
- Fast, clean cuts
- Specialty steel blades (no warpage when hot)
- Made in the U.S.A. to high quality standards
- 16 setting temperature control
- 10′ (3M) twist-free rubber cord
- Weighs under 1 lb. (.453 kilogram)
- Handle will not overheat-uses solid state circuitry instead of a transformer
Hot Knife Options & Accessories
6″ Groove Sled HW-SLED
For cutting channels or grooves up to 6″ wide using our HW-1000 Hot Knife or HW-1500 Belt Pack Hot Knife (HW-SLED is included with HW-1500).
- Comes with the HW-SLED
- HW-SLED allows for pre-formed blades,
custom shaped blades, and is detachable
for use with straight blades
- Variable temperature control
- Blade in front for inside corners
- Belt mounted power supply for easy jobsite use
- Weighs under 10 lb. (4.53 kilograms)